Translate

Thursday 14 March 2019

Jung Joon Young Admits to Uploading Videos without Consent, Quits the Entertainment Industry

In the latest from the Kakao Talk Chat group controversy pertaining to Seungri and other renowned names of entertainment industry, Jung Joon Young (JJY) who was said to be a suspect in participating in uploading discreet videos of women without consent, has admitted to the allegations.

JJY flew in from USA on 12th March for questioning. He admitted to have filmed women without their knowledge during the period 2015-16. He then shared those videos in a chat group on Kakao. In his statement to Korean Herald, he said, “I admit to all my crimes. I filmed women without their consent and shared it on social media chat room, and while I did so I didn’t feel a great sense of guilt”.

The 30-year-old apologised stating, “I kneel down to apologise to the women who appeared in the videos and all those who might be disappointed and upset at this shocking incident.

I will faithfully cooperate with the investigation by the police that will start on Thursday and I will readily accept whatever punishment is in store for me”.

JJY is the second artist to have quit the industry following Seungri who announced his retirement on 11th March. Will this scandal grow any bigger with other prominent faces involved as it is claimed that the chat group had 8 members? Only time can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment